3M™ Single Coated Tapes, also known as Single Sided Tapes, consist of adhesive that is applied to one side of a backing. Single coated tapes are usually 2-5 mils of adhesive and generally rests on backings that are 1- 10 mils thick. Single coated adhesives tape can differ from acrylic, rubber or silicone. Backings vary and are usually paper, polymeric films, foils, nonwoven or woven substrates. The backing is an important characteristic of the tape since it typically is what affects how the tape will withstand its application environment.
For example, a polyester backing would be used for a thin gauge, high temperature and chemical resistant application. However, a polyethylene backing would be the appropriate selection if you're looking for a more conformable tape that is also chemical, acid and moisture resistant.
Some more common examples of single sided tapes include electrical, masking, carton sealing and medical tapes.
- Special Tapes and Adhesives
- Polycarbonate Film (Sabic Lexan) PC Film
- Surface Protection Tapes / Low tack PE Film
- Scapa Tape
- Double Side Tape - (General Purpose)
- Self Adhesive Vinyls Film (Screen Printable)
- 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tapes
- 3M™ Single Coated Tapes
- 3M™ Double Coated Tapes
- 3M™ Electronics Assembly Solutions
- 3M™ Foam Tapes
- 3M™ Medical Materials and Technologies
- 3M™ Performance Label Materials
- 3M™ VHB™ Tapes
- 3M™ Commercial Solutions
- 3M™ Membrane Switch Spacers
- 3M™ Reclosable Fasteners